Thursday, February 25, 2010

YouTube Challenge

After I had put together a 25-slide powerpoint detailing two lessons (one technology-based and one non-technology based) I eagerly uploaded my handiwork to YouTube. I had taken me the better part of six hours to put together the powerpoint and create an iMovie out of it. The effort was my first attempt at an iMovie. I experienced several setbacks. I was given some aid by our tech help aid, Patty, a lady who will drop anything to help you...She was on her way out the door and still spent twenty minutes getting me started on iMovie; she is a Mac guru in our building. After she departed however is when I ran into trouble with the audio, the clip lengths and then editing the file. I finally managed to "share" the file and downloaded it onto my thumb drive. After I felt a brief few hours of accomplishment following my first upload to YouTube, I was quickly alerted by a Masters class colleague that my video was too long. At about 10:23 it was twenty-three seconds too long. Lesson learned. Ten minutes is max and now I have to go in early on my personal day to delete a few seconds and make it fit.

Ahhh...technology!

No comments: